Sunday, December 1, 2013

Words recognition with 字宝宝

Last year, I was given a pack of 字宝宝 1A by a good friend of mine. I find it pretty good in terms of the card size and the characters were based on the local Chinese syllabus. I went on a hunt for 1B and found it at Popular.


Depending on how you want to utilise these cards. I used them as flashcards. I will normally go through the whole stack with Xav, filtering out those characters he could read or could not.

I have also placed a transparency over the cards and get Xav to fill in the numbers for the correct sequence of the strokes.

For  words that he could read and write when I gave him Ting Xie (aka spelling). I will get him to place the cards into the wall chart according to the number or strokes that particular character has. These are the current words he knew and I hope I can warm up my  engine faster to engage more time into teaching him.


For words he could read but could not write, I got him a square exercise book and wrote the characters in accordance to the stroke and got him to practise his writing.


Do link up with me and share your ideas on teaching Chinese at home ! If you have been reading our posts, connect with us on Facebook !

Xavvy-licious







Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6


2 comments:

Nessa said...

Hi, does the character cards come with pin ying and in English translation? Also curious as to where you got the blue chart to hang the cards? Thanks.

Nessa said...

Hi, does the character cards come with pin ying and in English translation? Also curious as to where you got the blue chart to hang the cards? Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...