Friday, June 14, 2013

Swatow Seafood Restaurant

We had an early Father's Day dinner for my father in law. Being a traditional Teochew, I googled for Teochew Restaurants and got this - Swatow Seafood Restaurant in the list. This restaurant has Teochew cusine as its forte.

I heard from my colleagues that their food is not bad as they are one of the restaurants we have networked with for our clients, worth a try though it's a little pricey.


Here are some of the dishes dear has ordered before I arrived.

Frozen Pig Trotter (Zhu Jiao Dong)

Chye Sim with tofu and tau kee
The black pepper ribs is nice ! Comparable to Seafood Paradise. very tasty !

Black Pepper Ribs

Braised Sliced Goose Meat in Teochew Style


I liked this fried meesua too ! Not too oily nor too dry yet tasty.

Fried Teochew Mee Sua with Seafood
Garlic Crab is one of the dishes recommended by the staff of Swatow. I have heard it for the first time as this is quite rare to find outside those Zhi Char Stall. The crab is very fresh and it's meat is sweet and soft and best part of it is, it does not stick onto the shell.

Garlic Crab
On the whole, the dishes are not too bad but father in law still prefers the dishes at Ban Heng.

Swatow serves dim sum too, but according to my friend' review, she mentioned that they will served what's in their push cart and they don't get to choose the dim sum they want. Though I don't quite get it but definately if in such a case, I will not go for it. I still like the Dim Sum buffet at Jade - Fullerton Hotel.
Swatow is located at :
Blk 181 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh
#02 - 602
Singapore 310181

For reservation : 63631717

Thank you for reading and if you would like to stay tune for future updates, do follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram !


Linking up with Dinomama



Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...