Thursday, April 25, 2013

Palmer's Body Milk

What are stretch marks ?

Stretch marks are small, depressed streaks in the skin that appear most often on the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy when the belly expands to accommodate a growing baby. They are caused by changes in the elastic supportive tissue that lies just beneath the skin. They start out pink, reddish brown, purple, or dark brown, depending on our skin colour. Some women tends to get them on their buttocks, thighs, hips, and breasts.

During the expansion of the skin on your belly, it may cause some irritations. Hence, keeping your belly well moisturized as it grows may reduce itching, though. Do note that stretch marks will not only appear on pregnant women but also to people who experience rapid or excessive weight gain.

Being lazy, as I'm someone who does not really bother about what stretch marks are when I first became a mum five years ago, who had this thinking "even if there are stretch marks, no one will see them anyway, since the marks will be covered underneath", regretted big time when I see the streaks of marks on my thighs and buttocks now.

Now I learnt that it is of most important to start conditioning the skin as early as the first trimester to improve the skin elasticity for the extra stretch thereby when we enter the later trimester, to minimize the chances of getting those ugly and unsightly stretch marks.

Palmer's Body Milk

In March 2013– Palmer’s introduces Body Milk meant for Stretch Marks, a fast
absorbing, lightweight, non-greasy body milk moisturizer that doubles up as a
skin soothing milk and stretch mark eraser. 


Palmer's Body Milk contains the following :  Cocoa Butter, calming Lavender, Soy Lecithin, VitaminE and the active ingredient Bio C-Elaste TM, a powerful combination of Centella Asiatica, Collagen, Elastin, Sweet Almond Oil and Argan Oil, this non-greasy cocoa butter
milk aids in fading away the appearance of stretch marks, leaving skin soft and
smooth.

The ingredients had the following properties :

- Cocoa Butter : Addresses skin’s roughness, loss of elasticity, scars and dryness.
It softens and protects by diminishing water loss- keeping skin hydratedand
supple.

- Lavender: It disinfects the skin, enhances blood circulation and gives off a
refreshing aroma.

- Soy Lecithin: This chemical component that is naturally found in soy, helps heal
skin conditions.

- Vitamin E: This top antioxidant enhances the protective function of skin and
decreases the appearance of lines, wrinkles and scars by keeping cells hydrated.

- Bio C-Elaste TM : An advanced blend of stretch mark fighting ingredients that
improves the appearance of stretch marks, helping improving the suppleness of
the skin.

Palmer’s Body Milk for Stretch Marks aims to provide itch release for at least
20% of women who suffers from itchiness during pregnancy.

When I first tried out, what I loved was I can just conveniently sprayed on the areas which I want to apply without much fuss. I do not need fear that it may drip all over if I were to pour it onto my palm.

When sprayed onto my belly, I felt the tingling, cool, soothing sensation coupled with a freshness, lighted scent of Lavender ! I massaged thoroughly until the liquid is fully absorbed and yes it does not leave a layer of greasiness on my palm nor a sticky feel on my belly.

To further enhance the product, I applied Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formulated Skin Therapy Oil for the next layer after the body milk. The scent of Cocoa Butter filled the room ! I massaged the oil thoroughly as well and to my surprise, the oil kind of left a powdery feel on my palm ! No sticky nor greasy feel ! Best part of it was, I could feel the skin on my belly kept moisturised even after a day.

I would not say that it can erased off the stretch marks which I have from the first pregnancy after using for this short stinct. But for sure, the body milk did helped in relieving the itch which I have been experiencing. I am now diligently applying it everyday.

Palmer’s Body Stretch Milk is now available at leading pharmacies, personal care store and departmental stores and is retailing at $24.50 per150ml.

I have received a press kit from Palmer's for the purpose of this review. All review are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...