Sunday, June 27, 2010

Baked soy sauce wings

Bought a pack of mid joints two days ago and decided to test out the new oven ! Pretty excited !!! Finally, got to have an oven after we moved !

After all, I think baked dishes are much healthier than fried dishes and best of all, it's hassel free, just need to clean the base of the oven and the racks. Unlike deep frying or even just stir fry, the walls just get dirty and you'll see me spending half a day in the kitchen cleaning up everything !

Since it's sunday, have decided to try out "Baked Soy Sauce Wings".


I am always a big fan of mid joint wings. Irregardless of how they are cooked. It's an all time favourite !

I got the recipe from wokking mum. Taste nice yet simple to cook and Xav finished half the portion of the wings !

I modified the measurement of the seasoning used as I had more wings and best of all, I have a kitchen assistant today !


Ingredients:

1. 8 Mid joint wings
2. 100 ml of water
3. 20 ml light soy sauce
4. 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
5. 1/2 Tablespoon ginger juice
6. 1 Teaspoon dark soy sauce

Method:

1. Mixed all ingredients together.
2. Bring to boil in a pot and simmer for 15 mins. (I saw mine about to dry up so I simmer for only 12 mins)
3. Remove wings and retained sauce for basting.


4. Bake them in the oven at 200C for 7 mins.
5. Remove and dip into the remaining sauce and bake the wings for another 5 mins. ( I baked for 3 mins though)
6. Serve.

Xav kept eating the wings but not the omelette !!!! He went on telling me "I want chicken wing" whenever he finished what I gave him.

M looking to make Honey Baked wings for the next !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...