Thursday, March 11, 2010

Steamed Stuff Toufu with Wolfberries

Today, made this Steamed Stuffed Toufu for Xavier's dinner.


Been cooking the same stuff for him. Not sure if he's sick of it but I'm definately sick of cooking the same thing ! How I wish I had an oven with me. Else, I am limited to only steaming and frying. Not deep frying though as I feel it's pretty unhealthy for the little boy.

I left my measuring spoon at my mum's place so I was pretty handicapped. All the seasoning were estimated.

Ingredients:
Minced Pork or Chicken
Minced Prawn
Egg Tofu
1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Chinese Cooking Wine
1/3 teaspoon Sugar
A dash of Sesame Seed Oil
Wolf berries to substitute for Tobiko (optional) and carrot.

Sauce to mix well:
2 tablespoon Water or Chicken Stock
1/3 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
2 teaspoon Chinese Cooking Wine

Method:
1. Slice tofu into pieces.
2. Gently scoop some tofu out from the center.
3. Mix the scooped out tofu, minced pork and prawn together.
4. Add in sugar, light soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine each into the meat and mix well.
5. Top tofu with a heap of minced meat and put on wolfberry on top of each meat. (Can also sprinkle some tobiko or finely chopped carrot)
6. Steam for 7 minutes.
7. Remove and carefully drain away the liquid.
8. Pour over the sauce and continue to steam for another 5 minutes or till meat is cooked.
9. Drizzle on some sesame seed oil and immediately.

I add in some cherry tomatoes and Xav just simply loved them and kept telling me "tomato" the moment the dish was out from the wok !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...