Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shepard's pie

Ever since I started working, guess only on weekends I can get to cook more than just porridge for Xav.

Today, I made shepard's pie
For Xav. A simpler method without having to bake.

Ingredients:
1. Minced lean meat (can be pork, chicken or beef)
2. Chopped onions
3. Peas and diced carrots ( I used mix vege )
4. One medium potato (boiled and mash, mixed with formula milk powder or breast milk)
5. 1/2 teaspoon corn flour (mixed with a little water)
6. One teaspoon grated cheese ( I sliced the cheddar cheese into strips as I do not have grated cheese)

Method:
1. Sauteed onions till fragrant.
2. Add in mix vege & minced meat. Simmer in a little if water till cooked.
3. Thicken slightly by simmering with the corn flour for a few minutes.
4. Place in a small soufflé dish



and spread the mash potato on top.


And top with shredded cheese.

For the mashed potato, I did not mixed with fm powder. I only added the oregano herbal mix into it.

If you like it more moist, can add more water to form the gravy.

Or mixed with a little butter into the mash potato.

Not bad for the first attempt. Shall try to improvise this recipe when i have the time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...