Monday, November 17, 2008

Peach/ Nectarine Puree

After a long search, finally found my peaches. Not that I don't see them around, but I seriously lost faith in China products, especially food. Not discriminating them though.

I found this at Parkway Parade Cold Storage.

White peaches from Australia. Peaches are good source of vitamin C and easy to digest. The puree works well when combined with strwberries, banana or blue berries. (Ref from Annabel Karmel "Top 100 baby purees" ) This is Nectarine

When I first fed Xavier the peach puree mixed with barley cereal, he gave a sourish look by kniting his brows together. What a sight !! I could not help by laughing !!

But he finished up the whole peach mixed with 2 tablespoons of cereal without any fuss !! He must have loved it to bits.

Ingredients:
1. One ripe peach / Nectarine.

Method:
1. Bring a pan of water to boil.
2. Score a cross on the base of the fruit.

3. Submerge into boiling water for 1 minute.
4. Skin, cut into half and discard the stone.
5. Blend into puree/ chop the flesh (For older babies)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...