Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sweet Garden Peas

I bought this frozen garden sweet peas from NTUC. It can be just as nutritious as fresh since they are frozen within hours of being picked, thus locking in vital nutrients. Once cooked, they can be refrozen (Reference from Annabel Karmel "Top 100 baby purees)

Rich in vitamin B & C. High in protein and good source of beta-carotene. Maybe helpful against heart disease. (Reference from Gina Ford's The Contented Little Baby Book of Weaning)

Made two attempts on it.

First attempt, I threw in the peas in a pot of boiling water and boil for 3 mins. Then, off the fire and allowed it to simmer for 3 mins. Then, I blended it. But not a wise idea to blend with the skin as I noticed there were still bits of skins not blended and kind of "hard" for the baby to chew.

I ate it up myself and made a second attempt. This time, before I blend it, I removed the skin from the peas one by one. Quite alot of work though. This is how it looks like. Pardon me for the bad resolution as I do not have the camera with me.

I mixed this with 3 teaspoon of brown rice and 6 teaspoon of ebm. Xavier doesn't seem to like it. Dunno if it's because it has a veggie smell. heh heh.. He only managed to finish up half of the portion and he continued with the remaining milk feed.

Ingredients:

1. one small cup of sweet garden peas

Method:

1. Put the peas into boiling water, just enough to cover the peas, bring to boil.
2. Simmer for 4 mins after switching off the fire.
3. Mash the peas through the sieve/ blend it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...