Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Carrot Puree

I had made this for Xavier to try when I first started him on puree. I bought a small pack of organic baby carrots from Carrefour, which costs about $4 to $5 plus.
As it has already been peeled and washed, hence, it saved alot of hassel to remove the skin =)

Carrots being rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant believed to help fight numerous type of cancer. Excellent source of vitamin A, for healthy vision. It makes excellent weaning food as babies like their naturally sweet taste. (Reference from Annabel Karmel "Top 100 Baby Purees)

Ingredients:

1. One small plate of carrots
2. A little amt of ebm.

Method:
1. Rinse the carrots.
2. Steam for 10 - 15 mins/ till soft in boiling water.
3. Blend the carrots
4. Add in the desired amt of ebm to get the texture you want.

I forgot to take pics of the carrot puree. Will load later if I shall prepare again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...