Friday, May 23, 2008

More " surprises ".....



I had always loved to give mummy "surprises". Mummy found both my ears, at the front and back, filled with rough, dry flaky skin. Some skin broke and there were sticky fluid. After the skin dries up, it turns yellow and somehow or rather, it has a smell. Mummy could no longer stand it and decided to bring me to the doctor to get some creams for me. There were also parts of dry skin on my body, hands and legs which mummy suspected to be eczema.. And mummy was right 'bout it.

Yiyi helped me to register at Kids Clinic at 10 plus. Guess what, the waiting time was almost 5 1/2 hours. Gosh.. And I had a nice nap at yiyi's place while waiting for the clinic to call for my turn.

My weight was 5.3kg till date 20th may '08 (Day 59)

Dr Lillian had diagnosed that I had Seborrheic Dermatitis on my ear, eye brow and scalp, which is also known as Cradle Cap and at the same time Eczema on my face, body, hands and legs. This means I had dry sensitive skin. I was prescribed with Desowen lotion for my Eczema affected areas and Fucicort for my ears and broken skin.

I cannot use normal body wash as it is soap based and its drying for my skin. Doctor suggested to mummy to buy the following body wash for me: Cetaphil / Sebamed

To moisturise my skin after bath or applying medication: Dermadrate/ Cetaphil/ Sebamed/ physiogel

Aggravations to avoid: heat + sweat, milk + saliva, powder, dust/ cobwebs, food like seafood/ eggs/ peanuts/ milk.

Just some additonal info by Doctor when asked by mummy: The sensitive skin could have been inborned as mummy had chidhood asthma, sensitive nose and mild eczema. As it runs in family history, thus, likelyhood I would get it too.

But for infantile eczema, it can be cured with proper care whereby daddy and mummy have been cleaning me up and applying the cream for me.

Day 62 on 23rd May '08


Now my skin is as smooth as silk .. Touch me !!! hahahhahaaha .. YEAH !!

1 comment:

karlsfoodie said...

molest molest.... hehehee...
xavier like the vivo trip yeahhh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...